Thursday, June 11, 2009

the oc

last week i journeyed to the great state of california to spend a long weekend with my sweet friend marce. marce and i met in the summer of 2004 in santa cruz, ca on summer project with campus crusade for Christ. (one of the many reasons i love crusade!) back in november, she made the trip to ky for our wedding to be our pianist. so this weekend, in honor of our 5 year anniversary as friends, we spent our time in the oc (where she currently resides) and had a blast! here are a few pictures to sum up the trip.
thats me!
at huntington beach on saturday. why can't ky be closer to the coast!?
kayaking some canals.
if you know me, you know i love palm trees!!!
and i love taking pictures of myself, and the beach!
i do not love whole pigs smoke and on a table, but i had to take a picture of the grossness.
corona del mar
and again. i really just LOVE the beach!
my last meal the last time i was in ca, and my first this time. if you've never been to in-n-out, stop what you are doing, and go out west!!!!!

its so bad for you, but its soooooo good!

marce and i had great fun in ca, but it was too short a trip. i did miss my hubby, and by the end of the weekend, i decided that i just wanted to fly him to ca and stay a little longer!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like you had a blast!

laceylou said...

Emily. I'm so jealous of In and Out Burger. Brittany and I went there when we visited her sister two years ago. (Wow, I can't believe it's been that long). You're pictures are way fun.

So, here's the plan. Erin and I are definitely in for a 5k. No joke. Let us know dates.